Tim Florian Horn is the founding director of the Stiftung Planetarium Berlin and also director of the Zeiss Großplanetarium and the Archenhold-Sternwarte. After studying multimedia production and astronomy, he worked at the planetariums in Kiel, Hamburg and at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco (USA), where as a producer he developed not only planetarium programs but also exhibitions, learning modules and courses. Tim Florian Horn brings a wide range of technical, artistic and analytical skills to his work. At the Berlin facilities he is shaping the transformation from star to science theater, where the latest data and results of scientific research are translated into informative and visually impressive immersive presentations.
- German, English
- Director Zeiss-Großplanetarium Berlin, Board of Directors of the Planetarium Berlin Foundation
- Visualization at the California Academy of Sciences, CA, USA
- Producer for Climate and Earth Science
- Production Manager Planetarium Hamburg
- Producer Mediendom Kiel, CEO allsky.de
- Conference Society of German-speaking Planetariums, "From Star Theatre to Science Theatre - Planetariums in Transition", May 2019
- Urania Berlin, "Our Blue Planet - The Earth-Human System", November 2019
- German Cultural Council, "The Culture of Darkness - To Save the Night", December 2019
- VR for the Masses – Digital Planetariums on the Rise
- Quo vadis, Planet Earth?
- The geology of our cosmic neighbourhood - planets and moons in detail