Best Practice Festival for sustainable events
Climate neutrality and a large event like the BESTIVAL do not have to be mutually exclusive. The BESTIVAL is a best practice example of sustainable event planning and considers the 3 pillars of sustainability: ecology, economy, and society.
The BESTIVAL 2022 will embody sustainability in every aspect of the event. The Sustainable Event Guidelines Berlin help us make the event ISO 20121-certified in the future.
These are our sustainable goals for 2022:
- The BESTIVAL aims to obtain ISO 20121 certification in the coming years. The certificate serves as an internationally recognised verification of event sustainability.
- In order to obtain the certification, the planning is conducted in accordance with the strict criteria of the three dimensions of sustainability: environmental protection, social ramifications, and economic components.
- Climate neutrality with a 10% per capita reduction of CO2 emissions (compared to the BESTIVAL 2021)
- Assessment of all service providers via a supplier check pursuant to ISO 20121
- Organisation in accordance with the Sustainable Event Guidelines Berlin
Bestival Sustainability Plan
If you need more insight. Take a look at our Sustainability Plan.
Do you have any further questions about sustainable events and green meetings?
Then give us a call or send us an email, or speak with us in the Urban Jungle at the BESTIVAL.
We are happy to help and provide you with tips about how you can make your event sustainable, and where you can find further information.
We look forward to meeting you!