What is Sustainable Meetings Berlin?
Plan your green meeting in Berlin
Sustainability has a long tradition in Berlin! This is the right place for events that are both socially and ecologically responsible while also economically successful.
With Sustainable Meetings Berlin we focus on sustainably developing the Berlin event industry together with our strong partner network.
When planning your event, you can benefit from these unique connections and many useful tips and tricks for your event organization.
The components of Sustainable Meetings Berlin
- The listing of proven sustainable event service providers, our Sustainable Partners.
- A practical toolbox with ideas and suggestions for more sustainable event planning.
- A strong partner network that is continuously expanding and actively working on sustainability in the Berlin MICE industry.
Sustainable Meetings Berlin gives you:
- Clarity: Find all Sustainable Partners at a glance -, from conference hotels to locations, and catering, technology and incentive services for events.
- Easy-to-use: Post your enquiries to various locations and conference hotels simultaneously, and form contacts easily with event services.
- Comparability: With transparent criteria for sustainability, comparing our Sustainable Partners is simple and straightforward.
- Best Practices: Tips on organizing genuinely sustainable green meetings and how to make your event memorable for your customers.
- Reliability: All Sustainable Partners are verified independent suppliers and their sustainability has been checked against transparent criteria.
- High-quality: Our Sustainable Partners know and appreciate the importance of sustainable quality management.
The Sustainable Partner criteria
The partners listed on the Sustainable Meetings Berlin platform have been checked against an extensive catalogue of criteria. Based on internationally recognized and valid guidelines and frameworks, the catalogue is the result of an intensive development process working alongside experts. Rather than being a checklist, this catalogue of criteria is a sophisticated instrument for embedding and promoting corporate sustainability in the event industry and driving forwards a process of constant improvement.
The partners listed have to demonstrate sustainability in four principal areas:
Governance, Risk & Compliance
For responsible and transparent corporate governance, behavior across all levels of the company must comply with statutory requirements. In addition, there must be a code of conduct for all staff members representing stakeholder interests, e.g., shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers and investors. In this area of sustainability, the focus is primarily on a company adhering to mandatory statutory and sector-specific provisions and regulations, while also looking at how far other vital and, as a rule, self-regulatory ethical standards and requirements are met.
In their core business, companies, as a matter of principle, ought to operate successfully in economic terms, yet also demonstrate social and ecological responsibility. Their products and services should contribute to a sustainable development safeguarding the basis of life for future generations. Companies can demonstrate their responsible approach - an issue which is increasingly in the public eye -, through such means as, for example, transparent cost management and an equitable pay structure.
This main area considers the environmental management of the participating companies. Environmental management is the section of organizational management concerned with operational and official environmental protection, i.e. those business activities, products and services which impact the environment. In this area, the key indicators relate to cutting emissions, waste management and the safe treatment of hazardous substances.
Sustainable companies think beyond their own immediate issues and actively support society in their own surroundings. This main area focuses on a cross-section from a company’s smallest unit, e.g., promoting employee potential, to such universally accepted social values as anti-discrimination and diversity management or corporate involvement in civil society, for instance, donation policy.
Interested? Like to learn more about the options for sustainable events in Berlin? Are you planning a green meeting and looking for a suitable conference hotel, sustainable event location or an organic caterer in Berlin?
Then simply contact us.
Phone: +49 30 26 47 48 - 400
Together we can make your event a sustainable success!