What is the Berlin Congress Fund?
The Berlin Congress Fund is a funding programme initiated by the State of Berlin (Land Berlin) to restart Berlin’s event industry.
Together with the city of Berlin, our aim is to support and encourage all event organisers to realise planned B2B events in Berlin’s conference hotels and event locations. The Berlin Congress Fund provides financial support amounting to a possible total of max. 60 euros for each in-person attendee.
In this way, we want to encourage you to securely plan and hold your professional, industry or trade event in Berlin despite the constraints and uncertainties during the COVID-19 pandemic. This support is designed for both analogue and hybrid events.
In addition, the Berlin Congress Fund places a particular emphasis on promoting sustainable event and business management. Events which meet particular sustainability criteria in our comprehensive Sustainable Event Scorecard are eligible for additional funding.
Together with the city of Berlin, we hope the Berlin Congress Fund can play its part in actively strengthening the MICE sector.
Who can apply to the Berlin Congress Fund?
- Legal entities under private and public law
- Partnerships with legal capacity (e.g. associations/societies, businesses, agencies, institutes, and other organisations)
- Organisations and individuals acting on behalf of the event organiser
- with a registered office, permanent establishment or branch office in the Federal Republic of Germany
Which events are eligible for funding?
- Exclusively events designed for a professional, industry or trade audience (B2B), e.g. conferences, congresses, seminars, and further training
- Events in the State of Berlin in an event space booked subject to a fee
- Min. 50 in-person attendees (excl. trade fair exhibitors, service providers, own staff)
- Single day and multi-day events with a net event duration of at least 4 clock hours/per day
- Events held within the period specified in the particular call to submit project applications ("Call")
Funding is not available for events in the applicant’s own rooms or for B2C, cultural or private events.
Types of funding
Berlin Congress Fund - Types of funding at a glance
Five steps to funding
- Complete the application form on www.kongressfonds.berlin.de
- Provisional funding statement - The amount of funding is initially calculated provisionally since it depends, among other factors, on the actual number of in-person attendees at the event.
- Proof of use - After the event, proof of use is submitted (including details on the event, proof of the number of attendees, hybrid structure and, if appropriate, the sustainability criteria met).
- Final statement - On the basis of the proof of use, the Final Statement details the finalised funding sum.
- Payment - The finalised sum is paid to the account given by the applicant.
Please note: The funding is dependent on a range of factors. As a matter of principle, visitBerlin does not undertake the checking of funding eligibility. For questions relating to eligibility, contact the service provider commissioned by the State of Berlin (Land Berlin). The information provided here is for guidance only.
Documents & Downloads
You will find relevant document & downloads here!