The Berliner Philharmoniker traditionally celebrate their season finale at the Waldbühne. Every summer, the open-air concert is the highlight of the open-air season. Under the direction of alternating high-ranking conductors, one of the world's leading orchestras performs at this special event under the starry summer sky in front of around 20,000 enthusiastic classical music fans in a distinctive location.
The Waldbühne Concert of the Philharmonic Orchestra 2023
The open-air concert at the Waldbühne is traditionally the final concert of the season for the Berliner Philharmoniker. Andris Nelsons, music director of the Boston Symphony Orchestra and Leipzig’s Gewandhaus Orchestra, who has been appearing with the Berliner Philharmoniker since 2010, will be on the podium this year.
The fact that the Philharmoniker have invited Andris Nelsons to conduct the Waldbühne concert for the second time is an indication of the orchestra’s esteem for him.
The special guest for this concert is Klaus Florian Vogt, who – thanks to his warm, versatile voice – is one of the great tenors of this time.
Secure your tickets now for the Waldbühnen concert of the Berlin Pfhilharmoniker [HERE].
The orchestra's season finale in the open air
The Berlin Philharmonic, one of the world's leading orchestras, has a special tradition. Every year they play the last concert of the season outdoors on the Waldbühne. The open-air classical music event always takes place at the end of June and is considered an absolute crowd favorite. The very special atmosphere during the concert is probably responsible for this: under the direction of alternating high-ranking conductors, the ensemble's professional musicians celebrate the end of their season under the starry summer sky, and 20,000 Waldbühne visitors join in the celebration.
If you can't be there, you don't have to miss the concert: It will be broadcast via livestream on the Internet.
Unique natural scenery meets classical music
The Waldbühne in the south of Berlin offers an incomparable panorama: the valley in which the stage is located is surrounded by a densely overgrown forest area. This natural backdrop is particularly beautiful in summer, when the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra concert takes place. When the sun sets, the interplay between this romantic setting and the classical sounds of the symphony orchestra is particularly harmonious.
End of the season under the Berlin sky
The last concert of the season for the Berlin Philharmonic exudes a very special atmosphere. Classical music fans look forward months in advance to the traditional classical music event under the starry sky. Many visitors even come again and again, because the program and the conductors change every year, promising a varied concert experience of the highest order.
- Classical open-air concert
- One of the world's leading orchestras
- Fantastic scenery in the Waldbühne
- Annually changing program
- Over 20,000 enthusiastic visitors
- There is free seating in the blocks of the Waldbühne. Therefore, be there early enough to secure a nice seat.
- It's best to leave your car at home: the number of parking spaces is not only limited, but you also have to pay for them.
- You are allowed to bring your own food and drinks! Per person 0.5 l of liquid in a tetrapack or PET bottle is allowed. Food must be wrapped in transparent packaging.
- Bring a blanket to sit on: 40x40 cm dimensions are allowed per person.
- Tickets are available in many different price categories. However, you should not take too long: The tickets are always sold out very quickly.