Services in transition
The conference "Services in Transition" will address the importance of services for prosperity, quality of life and social cohesion and various upheavals in services and service work.
In recent years, service work has become increasingly important for employment and value creation. Services are also an indispensable part of a successful society and a necessary link in and between economic sectors. And services are in a state of flux: digitalisation is transforming sectors such as trade, logistics, finance and the energy sector. However, the changes are even more far-reaching and also affect the growing area of social and health-related services.
Platforms are central, questioning traditional business models and changing both working conditions and employment relationships. These developments raise questions:
- How must interaction work, i.e. work on and with people, be designed to ensure good work?
- How can undervalued service work be successfully upgraded?
- How must socially necessary and publicly offered services be designed and financed so that they do not exclude anyone?
- What new business and operator models have emerged, what significance do platform models have?
- What consequences do they have for employment and working conditions?
Those responsible from trade unions, politics and companies are discussing these questions. Eight workshops offer the opportunity to deepen individual questions and to name concrete examples and developments.
More information and registration